I’m convinced that procrastination is a sign of a creative mind. Or at least that’s the story I tell myself as deadlines loom and countdowns speed up. Come holiday season, my “wait until the last minute” mantra leads to some very "bah humbug" anxiety. The good news is, misery loves company, and my informal poll of family and friends tells me I’m not alone. The stress of holiday shopping is widespread all the way up until December 25th (or whatever date marks your special gift giving occasion!).
If you are like me, it’s not just time that causes angst when it comes to buying gifts. It's the almighty pursuit of the Perfect Present! You want to find something thoughtful, that your loved one will actually enjoy, and preferably something that seems like you planned ahead!
To help you beat the present pressure this year, I’ve pulled together a roundup of the best last minute gifts for everyone on your shopping list. The ideas are as diverse as your family and friends and each one is sure to delight. So what are you waiting for?
- Try a Meal Delivery Service for the Foodie, or the Wanna Be Chef: Hello Fresh, Blue Apron
- For Your DIY-er or Photo Lover, Give a Narrative Gift Certificate: Narrative Decor
- Reward Creative Kids with a Craft or Activity Subscription Box: Green Kid Crafts, Kiwi Crate
- Treat Music Lovers to an On-Demand Streaming Service: Spotify, Pandora
- Surprise Sports Fans with Tickets to Watch their Favorite Team: NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS
- Give a Magazine Subscription to Enthusiasts of Just About Anything: DiscountMags.com