Part of Narrative’s collaboration with students from the non-profit, Outside the Lens, this powerful photo was taken by Mnawar, Grade 10, in the Jordanian-Emirati Refugee Camp as part of the Cameras Across Cultures program in Jordan.
Mnawar explains, “Photography is in everything. Whenever I see something beautiful I feel like I want to photograph it. I want to deliver a message about what happened to us. There are all the sad pictures being taken in Syria during this war, that will be our history. We will help in photographing new images when we get back to Syria, and show the world how we rebuilt our country.”
Share in this young artist’s optimism with the Hope Pillow, printed with fine art photograph.
- 20% of your purchase goes to Outside the Lens, supporting transformative youth photography, filmmaking and digital media programs
- Vibrant front-side photo is printed on 45% recycled canvas
- Printed via dye sublimation to prevent fading
- Back-side is 100% organic cotton canvas in a natural, off-white color
- Dimensions: 18" h x 18" w
- Individually cut and sewn by hand
- Finished with a concealed zipper for ease of care
- Machine washable
- Optional down feather pillow insert